Here I am

Your failures. Your successes. Regardless which has prevailed to this point, they provide the context for your past.

That’s it.

They are not predictors. They do not relegate you to a particular path. They just happened, nothing more.

I am neither better nor worse than you for my experiences. Nor you me. For greatness lies in doing, not in what’s already done.

Today is your lab. Your studio. Your canvas. Create what you will, but do it with purpose and intention.

Let not your past trick you into believing that today is like any other day.

1 Bonnie Bonsai 09/26/2009 at 8:18 pm

“For greatness lies in doing, not in what’s already done.”- how very true. It is what we have experienced that makes us what we are. Two things can happen out of it though. Whether it makes us better or bitter. But if we abandon the negative impact and move on towards improvement, that will be the best merit we can do for ourselves.
Bonnie Bonsai´s last blog ..Postcard from Turkey My ComLuv Profile

2 Lisa 10/01/2009 at 11:30 am

Today is a piece of your life that will never happen again. Experience, enjoy.
Lisa´s last blog ..Headlights My ComLuv Profile

3 Jeb 10/08/2009 at 12:00 pm

Very find words to live by Lisa…not easy to do, but worth the effort for sure. :)

4 Joy 10/02/2009 at 2:49 pm

“They do not relegate you to a particular path.” A perspective I haven’t quite considered and probably needed to hear. I’ve believed in this unspoken hierarchy-if your experiences are more worldly, more vast, than mine (by whose standards? not quite sure), than I can be intimidated, although very much willing to learn. Yet, if my experiences are more worldly, more vast, than yours, I don’t feel “better” and there is still always something to learn. I like that each day is fresh and new……..

5 Jeb 10/08/2009 at 12:03 pm

Hi Joy,
Sorry for my delay. You touched on such a hypocrisy many of us seem to live by. We judge ourselves so much harsher than we judge others. I don’t know where this comes from, why we feel compelled to degrade ourselves. It’s a wonder worth exploring, and it’s something I pray I’ll not pass on to my children. Thank you for your time here.

6 Walter 10/20/2009 at 12:24 am

We are the consequences of our acts. Unless we realize this, we will definitely live just like any other day. :-)
Walter´s last blog ..Self mastery: the feared path My ComLuv Profile

7 Jeb 10/28/2009 at 4:42 pm

Hello Walter,
I apologize for my delayed response, I’ve been quite absent from this space for a couple months and am just now coming back up for air. I appreciate you taking some time to comment here, though, and I agree, we are the consequences of our acts, though I think I’d add to that “We are the consequences of our acts and thoughts.” Thanks again.

8 jinggay 10/21/2009 at 2:24 am

“Let not your past trick you into believing that today is like any other day.”
-this is so true, every waking day is our chance to make our life better ;)
jinggay´s last undefined ..If you register your site for free at My ComLuv Profile